Note: Thank you for supporting the health and safety of all who are in community on our Coker Campus. We are encouraged that more in-person gatherings are being planned and are happening! Our goal is to continue to honor and love one another and create a safe place for all to worship and be in community.
- We ask that those who are not vaccinated or cannot be vaccinated continue to wear masks and remain 3′ apart in order to continue to protect themselves.
- As of August 12, 2021 we are also highly recommending those who are vaccinated to wear a mask as well.
- We ask that all of our Coker family remembers to treat each other with respect and Christian love as they discern what is best for them individually and for their families (please understand some may prefer to remain unvaccinated because they may be immune compromised, a nursing mom, etc etc- we welcome all onto our campus).
- We are reminded of the scripture that we entered into this pandemic with, “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Philippians 2:1-4 NIV
Updates to this page were made: at 2 PM – August 12, 2021
COVID-19 BEST PRACTICES for those unable to get vaccinated:
Our top three best practices are as follows:
- Wear a Mask
- Keep a social distance of 3′ or more from one another
- Limit indoor congregating (this includes limiting time and/or capacity, booking in larger spaces, etc)
When things feel uncertain, know that God is in control. Some additional best practices are:
- Follow Credible News Sources, a few are listed below. An individual’s opinions, bias research, and social media page may not be as credible as going to the sources directly (Like the NIH, World Health Organization, Etc.)
- Stay home if you or someone in your home is sick (until fever free for 24 hours).
- Wash your hands often, use hand sanitizer.
- Pray. Pray for each other, our city, health care professionals, and those who are sick or at risk.
- Praise. Thank God for the provisions He has already put in place.
WORSHIP & SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
Our online services are live-streamed at 9:30 & 11 AM (Coker En Español at 11 AM).
Our in-person services are at 8, 9:30 & 11 AM (Coker En Español at 11 AM).
Sunday School Classes are meeting via Zoom & in-person, please contact your Sunday School leader for details on accessing the Zoom log-in, room number, notes, or conversations online.
WORSHIP SERVICE LINKS:
Click here for YOU TUBE
Click here for COKER.ORG
Click here for Facebook
Click here to join the Pre-Service Prayer Group
Click here to register online attendance
Click here for online giving
COKER FAMILY MINISTRIES
- Coker Family Ministries for Youth and Children have varied ways of connecting (in person and online).
- Coker Nursery will be open for in-person worship services.
- Coker Kids has in-person “Discovery Kids” (which is Sunday School) on Sunday Mornings at 9:30 & 11 AM
- Coker Youth meet in-person on Sunday mornings at 9:30 and 11 AM and on Sunday Evenings. Youth also have “Youth Night Live” for Middle-School and High School students on Wednesday Nights.
- E-mail Director of Family Ministries, Cheryl Kendall or Visit Coker.org/CokerKids or Coker.org/Youth for details!
MISSION OUTREACH & COKER HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER
Coker’s health and wellness center continues to offer food services on Thursdays. We have increased sanitation and cleaning. We have also increased sanitation procedures for clients and volunteers so that we can continue distributing these much needed items. Donations are still being accepted and all of our clients are very thankful for being able to receive much needed items. We are accepting monetary donations for school supplies for our backpack give-away (you can visit Coker.org/donate to give online). Note: The Pastor’s Benevolence Fund Meetings continue as well.
PRAYER & PASTORAL CARE
Our Pastors are available to meet in-person with social distancing and masks in place. They are also available talk on the phone or Zoom. If you are in need of prayer or Pastoral Care, please contact Barbara Keeper. Specify if you need to be added to the prayer list or if you need to talk with a Pastor. These times are anxious and sensitive and while we put our full faith and trust in Jesus, we are happy to join you in prayer where needed.